Monday, May 28, 2007

reflections..

The meeting down at the SDOF HQ in the bay went well and we received good feedback on the paper prototypes I drew. We came to conclusion on the functionality, structure and HCI related issues. From my perspective we now have a fundamental understanding of their educational process and have reached a good understanding of the difficulties involved with fish identification (more complex than one would think) The next step would be to further refine the prototype and move onto a digital format while trying to create "dummy" functionality or implementation (I'll see what I can do with the few spare hours on my sched., it would break my heart not to do any implementation at all. Like spending hours on cooking and never getting to eat..) We also need to take the time to organize the material for our internal use. Everyone needs to have access to the same notes and data for the upcoming paper.

I suggest we put into the documentation/paper things that we learned that could be useful while implementing and not only cover the Contextual Design process. I feel an obligation to create value for the organization since they have put in the time to meet us on several occasions. Lets meet and figure out how to finalize and plan the remaining activities, there is still more things to do..

Hope everyone had a chance to catch their breath during the long weekend..

Over and out,
Martin 00:16 @ CSE labs.

No comments: