Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Week 8

Sorry I did not update Sunday... it was memorial holiday weekend without access to a computer. I had not expected to be away from civilization and without Internet access. Anyway.....I felt that our week 8 was riddled with problems... at least of my own when my car broke down and then my mom's car breaking down days later. It was a struggle for me to get transportation as I was bumming rides off of people and borrowing my cousin's car. At the end, I managed to have a car to drive everyone down to Mission Bay to meet at the SDOF office!Also due to transportation problems, I was unable to make it to the group's weekly Wednesday meeting. First I left my parking permit in my cousin's car so I was forced to use metered parkings for classes on Wednesday. Second, I had to go pick up my mom from work, which also happened to be the same time during our group meeting.However, we decided to meet on Friday to work a bit more on our models/interpretations/affinity diagram. We got a good table at the lounge of the Price Center theater, and I brought post-it notes for everyone to use for our Affinity Diagram. It turned out good I guess....We weren't able to meet during Memorial Day weekend, as I'm sure everyone already had plans for the holiday -- because I know I did! Unfortunately we were also not able to prepare anything new for our Tuesday meeting with Courtney at the SDOF office, so i'm not sure that's going to take place because just getting there and twirling our thumbs at the table isn't going to be a wise use of our time. There really isn't much more to do other than concentrating on refining our prototype this week and then making our final final prototype in digital format of some sort and make slides for our presentation week 10.So that is what we're doing this week! Refining our prototype and preparing presentation slides. This might come off wierd, but I have recently installed Microsoft Office 2007 on my laptop and I really really really really want to make use of PowerPoint 2007! I'm kind of excited to use it actually....
R.F.

No comments: